No.29 Squadron: AARs and Victory Board

The original knights of the skies

Moderators: Board of Directors, Command

Bunny

Re: No.29 Squadron: AARs and Victory Board

Post by Bunny » Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:03 pm

Great photos all!! Broady - you really need to take a rag up to clean your lens with, I suspect you've leaked blood all over it again :D

“It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes I-16s.” - Douglas Adams

Pariah

Post by Pariah » Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:00 pm

Mission Date: 14-04-18
Time: 15:30

A patrol deep into enemy territory was cut short by the dastardly hun. Four Albatros stopped the patrol and 29 squadron set about them. In this scrap we lost 2nd Dwight 'Bully' Fromage when he was shot through the head. His death was avenged by 2nd Lt Crispin 'Broadsword' Dry in his first flight. Dry also claimed another D.II Lt and as such takes his total to two kills in his first sortie. Pariah also chased one Albatros and after emptying nearly all his ammo in his direction it fell from the sky whilst trying a barrel roll. Another kill was claimed by 2nd Lt Phineas 'Bunny' Morris

This mission was flown by:
Cpt Peter 'Pariah' Gunstone
2nd Lt Phineas 'Bunny' Morris
2nd Lt Crispin 'Broadsword' Dry
2nd Lt Dwight 'Bully' Fromage - KIA

Claims:
Cpt Peter 'Pariah' Gunstone claims 1 x Albatros D.II Lt
2nd Lt Crispin 'Broadsword' Dry claims 2 x Albatros D.II Lt
2nd Lt Phineas 'Bunny' Morris claims 1 x Albatros D.II Lt

Pariah

Post by Pariah » Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:08 pm

Mission Date: 16-04-18
Time: 12:30

This patrol was in very bad weather. Visibility couldn't have been more than half a mile and the cloud base was low at 2,500 feet. We headed east over Arras and were turning south when four Albatri came in at our 3 o'clock. In the ensuing battle the new guy 2nd Lt Quentin 'Bully' Sour-Grapes got a kill and 2nd Lt Crispin 'Broadsword' Dry got himself a flamer. Cpt Peter 'Pariah' Gunstone also chased one, eventually taking out its port ailerons and it hit a building in Arras, near the cathedral, and crashed. 2nd Lt Phineas 'Bunny' Morris took out two of the blighters.

This mission was flown by:
Cpt Peter Gunstone
2nd Lt Phineas Morris
2nd Lt Crispin Dry
2nd Lt Quentin Sour-Grapes

Claims:
Cpt Peter 'Pariah' Gunstone claims 1 x Albatros D.III
2nd Lt Phineas 'Bunny' Morris claims 2 x Albatros D.III
2nd Lt Quentin Sour-Grapes claims 1 x Albatros D.III

Broadsword

Post by Broadsword » Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:25 pm

My flamer that you've included in the write-up for the 2nd sortie was actually in the first sortie... 2nd sortie I got covered in oil and blood and made a frankly remarkable landing, but can claim no Huns :D
I must go up to the skies again, to the peace of silent flight, To the gull’s way, and the hawk’s way, and the free wings’ delight;
And all I ask is a friendly joke with a laughing fellow rover, And a large beer, and a deep sleep, when the long flight’s over.

Broadsword

Post by Broadsword » Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:47 pm

A few pics to show those other quitters what they missed tonight (I'm looking at you Secu :hi: ).

In a head-on with a Kraut Albatross, 2nd Lt. Crispin 'Broadsword' Dry gets his hair parted by Hun wheels. Phew!

On the next pass 2nd Lt. Crispin Dry almost gets the Hun in his sights...

... and on the third pass brings his twin Lewis guns to bear...

… with devastating effect. Take that, Jerry!

Having dispatched the filthy Kraut, 2nd Lt. Crispin Dry uses those same Lewis guns to 'protect' 2nd Lt. Dwight 'Bully' Fromage. Well done that man!

A short tussle later and 2nd Lt. Crispin Dry sends his 2nd Hun of the day down to the dark mud of France. Huzzah!

Having built up quite a thirst, 2nd Lt. Crispin Dry follows Cpt. Peter 'Pariah' Gunstone down to a local village in search of a decent Boozerie. Hip, hip, huzzah!

The second sortie didn't go quite as well for me, but...

His engine failing and his goggles covered in blood, oil, and other fluids, 2nd Lt. Crispin 'Broadsword' Dry resorts to the most basic form of airmanship - "Green down there, grey up there, so I must be the right way up. Time to land." Good luck Crispin!

A perfect landing! Two minutes later 2nd Lt. Crispin Dry is safe on the ground and searching for a farmer's daughter to wipe his goggles. Bravo!
I must go up to the skies again, to the peace of silent flight, To the gull’s way, and the hawk’s way, and the free wings’ delight;
And all I ask is a friendly joke with a laughing fellow rover, And a large beer, and a deep sleep, when the long flight’s over.

Bunny

Post by Bunny » Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:50 am

:D Lucky old Crispin Dry I say!

“It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes I-16s.” - Douglas Adams

Pariah

Post by Pariah » Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:52 am

Crispin Dry hoping a train would stop by and let him know where he is.

With our new birds No.29 is going from strength to strength.

Jammy

Post by Jammy » Tue Aug 14, 2018 4:06 pm

I see Crispin is living up to his name by delivering a crispy death to the enemy
I do like to shoot down planes yes I do

Bully

Post by Bully » Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:59 pm

After Dwight Fromage suffered at the bullets of his friends enemies his ghost followed Crispin Dry on his flight home. Luckily his was still able to access the darkroom to develop his photos.

Crispin downs an enemy

With Arras in the distance, Crispin heads for base

The airfield felt too far away so 2nd Lt Dry followed Cpt Gunstone to the nearest village where hopes of finding directions home, and a drink or three, were high.

Really good fun - thanks chaps :salute:

Secu
Pilot Officer
Pilot Officer
Staff

Post by Secu » Wed Aug 15, 2018 2:34 pm

I missed those pictures, stuning, I'm jealous you really had fun.