The gun topic

Idle chat for all ACG and friends

Moderators: Board of Directors, Command

Toxic

Re: The gun topic

Post by Toxic » Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:45 pm

I respect them greatly and value their thoughts, but I disagree vehemently with some of their opinions on the matter.

Sprite

Post by Sprite » Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:25 pm

I owe an apology? lmao proof right here that Dickie isn't even reading anyone's posts :lol:

Dickie, as someone who commented just to troll the big butthurt argument... Your trolls are even bigger. But much less funny than mine. Get better deflections, rook
Last edited by Sprite on Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Bunny

Post by Bunny » Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:58 pm

I'd never assume to tell a person another country what they should and shouldn't do - I'm old enough to know things are complex, and if you're not from that country - I mean living and breathing it - then the culture will always seem strange. It took travel and living in Europe for me to realise that I was, indeed, a slightly repressed Englishman - whilst I always thought I was pretty relaxed.

Coming from a UK perspective, I sincerely hope we don't go the 'more guns' route that some in the UK are advocating - because I do believe, looking at the end result, that it will just be the next rung in an arms race between bad guys who intend to do harm, and the police. This is why my original post a few pages back said that I think the US is fucked when it comes down to the possibility of doing anything about the number of guns, irrespective of whether the majority want it or not. There seem to just be too many guns there already, and you know the bad guys (the ones with guns who will use them to get what/whom they want) will not be the first to hand them in.

In a nutshell, as far as guns go, I'd rather live in the UK where I know I'd stand a better chance at surviving a burglary or mugging :)

As far as steaks go, I suspect I'd rather live in the US :D

“It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes I-16s.” - Douglas Adams

Toxic

Post by Toxic » Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:06 pm

Bunny wrote:As far as steaks go, I suspect I'd rather live in the US :D
Good man :salute:

Smokejumper

Post by Smokejumper » Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:21 pm

Bunny wrote:
As far as steaks go, I suspect I'd rather live in the US :D

Or pork ribs at a BBQ house. If the waitress ever says "are you sure" you are about to order way too much food.
Yanks do the best BBQ.

Bunny

Post by Bunny » Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:26 pm

When we were kids in Naples we rubbed shoulders with loads of US families on the NATO base. Great memories being invited over to the US park for a BBQ on a Sunday afternoon - you just knew you'd go home painfully full :D

“It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes I-16s.” - Douglas Adams

Sprite

Post by Sprite » Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:53 pm

Yeah US does pretty good BBQ I guess. But to be honest, my favorite American food is Mexican

Smokejumper

Post by Smokejumper » Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:04 am

Hmmm texican.

Spectre

Post by Spectre » Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:21 am

Leave it to Bunny to disarm a heated debate about firearms with the topic of Steaks. :lol: :B:
"On the edge of destiny, you must test your strength"
- Air Marshal Billy Bishop

LuftAsher

Post by LuftAsher » Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:23 am

Sure it seems all chill now, but wait until a vegan shows up.