Hahaha.

Dickie
Group Captain
Group Captain
ACG Board
contributor

Re: The gun topic

Post by Dickie » Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:26 am

Sprite wrote:I owe an apology? lmao proof right here that Dickie isn't even reading anyone's posts :lol:

Dickie, as someone who commented just to troll the big butthurt argument... Your trolls are even bigger. But much less funny than mine. Get better deflections, rook
You don't owe any apology unless you think you owe one, which you clearly don't think that, and that reflects on you not me. If your comments were to me and Coolio then I wouldn't think that, but they were to everybody who disagreed with your point of view, to whom your referred to them as "gun control freaks" (clearly they aren't, they are just putting your own gun ownership logic to the test). There is a big difference between "butthurt" (the modern term to justify righteousness for when an idiot says something idiotic and others protest about it) and just insulting people that were in friendly debate on the topic. I also hadn't realised that shouting "freak" and "butthurt" was considered efficient comedy though, you learn something every day, I look forward to the James Corden interview following your successful comedy tour. Personally I thought your 'comedy' was shit.

I think I just flamed the steak again.....

Broadsword

Post by Broadsword » Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:01 am

Fucking vegans
I must go up to the skies again, to the peace of silent flight, To the gull’s way, and the hawk’s way, and the free wings’ delight;
And all I ask is a friendly joke with a laughing fellow rover, And a large beer, and a deep sleep, when the long flight’s over.

Sprite

Post by Sprite » Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:24 pm

Buncha jealous people in here. I put a lot of effort into fine tuning these guns into impressive hunks of pure sex appeal, and all you Europeans trying to tell me I can't have them!

Ultimately you're suggesting mutilation, and how can I fly flight Sims without these guns!?

Checkmate gun control freaks!
Read it again slowly this time.

No seriously, slooooooowly...

K, let me spell it out for you, because you seem to have a hard time with it:

I'm talking about my arms not literal gun control. Yeah I'd say butthurt is the right word that 100% satirical post made you mad.

Why would you want me to cut my arms off Dickie? Insecurities? Well we all knew that already, but I'm a staunch defender of keeping my limbs, thank you very much :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thaine

Post by Thaine » Wed Nov 15, 2017 2:02 pm

I see you wear your satire as well concealed, very concealed. I had no idea what you were writing before you explained it.
Fractal Design Define R6 / Gigabyte Z390 AORUS MASTER / Intel i9-9900K / 32 GB RAM / NVIDIA GeForce GTX2080Ti / WD Black SN750 / Corsair Hydro H100i RGB Platinum / Corsair RM850x / WINDOWS 10 / LG 42LE5300 / TrackIR / HP Reverb G2 / Saitek AV8R-MK3 / Saitek ProFlight Throttle Quadrant / Saitek ProFlight Rudder Paddels / Saitek ProFlight Cessna Trim Wheel

Sprite

Post by Sprite » Wed Nov 15, 2017 2:15 pm

Is that really not an idiom in Europe? People don't refer to their arms as "guns" in Europe? Huh, TIL...

Anyways yes, it was satire. My actual opinion is in favor of gun control, which Dickie already knows from the countless gun control debates on WhatsApp he conveniently seems to have forgotten already?

Nobody needs an AR-15 which can easily be modified, or an SKS with 70rnd drum mag. Hunting is a big hobby here but you don't need a fucking assault rifle to do it.

Guess I'm just one of those self-proclaimed gun control freaks. Boy I should apologize to my self

Dickie
Group Captain
Group Captain
ACG Board
contributor

Post by Dickie » Wed Nov 15, 2017 2:20 pm

Sprite wrote:
Buncha jealous people in here. I put a lot of effort into fine tuning these guns into impressive hunks of pure sex appeal, and all you Europeans trying to tell me I can't have them!

Ultimately you're suggesting mutilation, and how can I fly flight Sims without these guns!?

Checkmate gun control freaks!
Read it again slowly this time.

No seriously, slooooooowly...

K, let me spell it out for you, because you seem to have a hard time with it:

I'm talking about my arms not literal gun control. Yeah I'd say butthurt is the right word that 100% satirical post made you mad.

Why would you want me to cut my arms off Dickie? Insecurities? Well we all knew that already, but I'm a staunch defender of keeping my limbs, thank you very much :lol: :lol: :lol:

The fact that you have to quote and explain yourself completed just demonstrates admittance at your trolling no, comedy no, trolling probably no, it is comedy isn't it? failure and guilt. I've no idea about the arm cutting off part, it makes no sense whatsoever. My post was a hypothetical piss take, I don't go in for the debate and logic on guns because I know that gun owners either don't have any or they engage on that anyway.

If you have a go at people that weren't having a go then you're a dickhead mate.

Sprite

Post by Sprite » Wed Nov 15, 2017 2:31 pm

Fuck me for trying to lighten to mood. And Fuck the haters that was a great joke. If you can't laugh at yourself then you're just a sad individual
If you have a go at people that weren't having a go then you're a dickhead mate
Well that's some clear cut hypocrisy if I ever did see it. Like I said, you know my stance. Why'd you even feel the need to comment when you KNOW I'm pro gun control?

Ahh just anti-sprite. Got it. Whose the dickhead here?

Broadsword

Post by Broadsword » Wed Nov 15, 2017 2:39 pm

Sprite wrote:...And Fuck the haters that was a great joke. If you can't laugh at yourself then you're just a sad individual
Nothing to do with not being able to laugh at ourselves. It just wasn't funny. In part because you chose a slang term that was pretty obscure for your target audience.

Most people, if they make a joke and everyone responds 'huh?' recognise that it just wasn't funny. Responding with 'hahahaha idiots, you're all too stupid to get my brilliant humour' is just weird.
Sprite wrote:Why'd you even feel the need to comment when you KNOW I'm pro gun control?
I'd imagine that Dickie, like myself, doesn't actually keep track of the other 120 pilots' previous form on any given topic. We usually just respond to what someone's written, it's more straightforward. There are the occasional folks who's views are so obvious that they stick in the mind, but clearly yours weren't. If you choose to misrepresent your normal views when you aren't that memorable then the misunderstanding is on you...
I must go up to the skies again, to the peace of silent flight, To the gull’s way, and the hawk’s way, and the free wings’ delight;
And all I ask is a friendly joke with a laughing fellow rover, And a large beer, and a deep sleep, when the long flight’s over.

Shadepiece

Post by Shadepiece » Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:27 pm

Guys I don't know if there was a cultural miscommunication or something, but Sprite's post was obviously satire to me. Toxic's just as satirical response made it painfully obvious to me at least.

As far as gun control, I think there should be some stricter checks on getting handguns in particular. The stats show that rifle related deaths are barely a fraction of all gun related deaths. There's a lot of people who have them here already who shouldn't, and that's the main issue.

It's too deep rooted in America, both in our culture, but also just in the way the millions and millions of firearms deeply imbedded in the states.

It's why we are so dismissive of the idea that criminals wouldn't have guns. They would. Plain and simple. In the states if they actually enacted a gun ban, only the honest folk would give them up, and I promise you that the amount of guns getting buried on their land before the government showed up to get them would be astronomical.

I won't even get into the amount of Americans who would die before giving up their guns, but it'll suffice to say that it'd be the darkest day in American history.

I love guns. I own 11 I think (some of "mine" are actually under my Father's name because I wasn't 18 when I got them.) I absolutely love firearms and shooting. It's a damn good time, and I believe that if you had the chance to shoot my guns with me you'd have a great time considering most of my guns are WWII relics. Guns have a lot of history as well, and growing up the 1911 was an icon of American grit, and I had to have one. Such was the case with nearly all of my guns for various reasons.

I lived in Europe for 4 years, and in 100% honesty I miss it badly. Worse than I missed the states when I was there. I desperately wish to move back. I only don't for to reasons. One it is hard as hell to make it in a system that's not completely foreign to you much less going to a different country where I am largely unfamiliar with visas, and how to get a job, or buy a house for me and my wife. That's all very daunting, but the second main reason is I wouldn't be able to bring my guns.

That's a hard thing to get people who didn't grow up around them 24/7, but it's the damn truth. I like guns, I like owning them, I like the security it provides for my family, and I sure love shooting the damn things (at paper I promise).

Ultimately I think something needs to change about how easy it is to get a gun, and perhaps people should at least have to attend a safety course, but at the end of the day I still want my guns.