ACG's 2017 Duxford Extravangaza Picture Thread

Idle chat for all ACG and friends

Moderators: Board of Directors, Command

Wiggy

Re: ACG's 2017 Duxford Extravangaza Picture Thread

Post by Wiggy » Wed Jul 12, 2017 2:22 pm

Too sunny Dickie. We didn't want to blind you all with our shiny hair.

Jammy

Post by Jammy » Wed Jul 12, 2017 6:27 pm

Wow

What a weekend it has been! My first solo across the channel to meet six dozen relative strangers with a shared interest for WW2 planes! Let me start off by saying that this was by far the best time of my life! No joke, meeting all you fine fellows was utterly amazing! It's going to be very hard for me to beat that statement in the future!

Now after seeing all the pictures here I was debating whether or not to bother showing my meager collection (Most were blurry beyond usefulness) but might as well right?

From Sand to Snow, the Hurricane finds a way!

The legendary PO-2, otherwise known to the WT community as "2-OP"

The 501 Signature Booth and the Lemonade owed me for shooting down Pitti that one time (Quite tasty I might add)

'Azref The Great' always keeping a watchful eye on is children

Arguably the main event! The Badgers, Ciders and Crisps, making Broadsword particularly excited...

The Curry. Despite the deafening banter of 40+ pilots behind us we managed to discuss the war quite well

The official event. An utterly amazing display of aircraft, including my favourite part - The Hurribuss super-vic!

And finally home happy as a child on christmas morning!

I shall never forget meeting everyone for the first time and shaking their hands! Such lovely gentlemen the lot of you, and most forgiving as I admittedly miss identified at least three of you :oops: I'll just blame the excitement and hopefully get away with it.

I would now like to make some special mentions to the following:

Mandrel: I cannot stress enough how incredibly amazing it was to see the people I fly with once a week (twice on some occasions) and hear your voices in real time! Bunny, Bonks, Bully, Pariah, Steph, Miki, Secu, Broady, and of course Dickie, the Grand Master of this whole group! Thank you for the wonderful banter around the museum and airshow, with bonus thanks for Bunny and Broadsword for driving me! :salute:

Waggon: Fantastic meeting the legendary Teepee and his fearless pilots and famed artist Larry! I haven't forgotten that time when you sacrificed yourselves in France and keeping 501 safe from destruction in the process! Most admirable :salute: . Plus that Vodka on Saturday really spiced things up!
I want to also give Darky a shout out for driving me home to the Novotel on Sunday! You saved me from a lot of navigation with my Bleu section (as awesome as i'm sure it would have been, I was quite tired :) ) :lux:

Panta: Equally fantastic to meet the fine fellows of the most senior squadron in ACG! It was fantastic to meet the brains behind the GC Donkey, and Daz (who apparently nearly died twice in traffic the day before we met) and all the rest, there were just too many faces to remember!

Jacko: Whilst few in number it was great to meet Sharpe, Onebad and Vonhye (who looked allot like a cooked lobster covered in white sauce at that point poor chap :lol: ) for the first time! Neither of you looked as I had expected, even though I've seen photos! Funny thing the human brain.

The Hun Rotters: Amazing to meet the people who'm I've quite eagerly tried to kill each Sunday! 5th in particular were an incredible bunch, so much so that it bared a strong familiarity with 501 Squadron, as blasphemic as it sounds! Off all the places in the world one could not have guessed for a hundred years that the most "German" or "Nazi-ish" pilot lives in blumin Israel!!! :o :o :o
Not of course to say that the 5th was the nicest baddies I met, they just happened to come out in force this year!

Bonus thankyou to Gripen for the room share BTW, it was nice to be with you! Hope the Hotel didn't bring up any new issues! :nice:

P.S If there's one word that described Duxford 2017, then its WANKER!!!, courtesy of Goat :moo:

The Brylcreem Boys: ... wait what? No Spittie pilots showed up???... 610 must have been transported by 64 they never got here on time, better luck next year chaps! :nice:

Nitrous and Bunny's Mate I have never met a man who can come up with such a variety of obscene sentences as Nitrous! Quality of words quadrupled after a few ciders and Dickie, and great to meet Bunny's friend (Who'm I've sadly forgotten the name of). He should fly with us sooner or later.

My Donators!: It is no secret that my trip to meet you chaps was basically completely funded by the people of ACG. I know I promised to draw stuff for it and I will indeed fulfill those promises, but as has been stated in the past those commissions are grossly overpriced! I can now only say that I hope I was worth it, and to keep your eyes open for the comics :nice:

And most of all, Azref!!!: We can all agree that without Azref this would all have been a dreadfully boring and/or impossible to go through with! Always ensuring everyone was OK, fed an accounted for, organising the great Curry-out and for supplying us with the excellent ACG goods (such as the schnazzy T-shirt I will be wearing every Sunday from now on)!
On my part in particular, I would not have been able to attend Duxford without his generocity! And even after being such an angle, he brought with him goodies to make my biscuit ration more refreshing, presents and more!

So I believe we owe him another :lux: HIP HIP HOORAY :lux: for all the hard work he put up for us!

So to conclude, THANKYOU ACG for an astonishingly excellent weekend! And Long Life To ACG!!! :B:
Last edited by Jammy on Wed Jul 12, 2017 9:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I do like to shoot down planes yes I do

Jackman
Hauptmann
Hauptmann
Staffelkapitan
contributor

Post by Jackman » Wed Jul 12, 2017 9:08 pm

Well said Jammy :nice: :salute:

May today be better than yesterday, but, not as good as tomorrow.

Tex
Flight Sergeant
Flight Sergeant

Post by Tex » Wed Jul 12, 2017 9:45 pm

Terrific picture of mighty 501. I will have to figure out how to get there in person next time.
Image Howdy Ya'll!

Dickie
Group Captain
Group Captain
ACG Board
contributor

Post by Dickie » Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:07 pm

Onebad where's the fucking pictures you cunt! I want to see the main group picture

Dickie
Group Captain
Group Captain
ACG Board
contributor

Post by Dickie » Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:29 pm

Teepee wrote:A photo call of the RAF's Premier Fighter Squadron.

Did you lads jump the rope????

Azref

Post by Azref » Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:49 pm

They asked permission to get closer, but they weren't allowed to touch.
Ask about ACG contraband, I can get what you need.

Grumpy
Flight Lieutenant
Flight Lieutenant
Adjutant

Post by Grumpy » Wed Jul 12, 2017 11:42 pm

Azref wrote:They asked permission to get closer, but they weren't allowed to touch.
*Sigh* the story of my love life :cry:
Adjutant, No. 111 (Fighter) Squadron. Adstantes

Nor law nor duty bade me fight,
Nor public men, nor cheering crowds.
A lonely impulse of delight
Led to this tumult in the clouds

Donkey
Pilot Officer
Pilot Officer
Adjutant
Staff

Post by Donkey » Thu Jul 13, 2017 7:08 am

:D

Geordie

Post by Geordie » Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:22 am

Grumpy wrote:
Azref wrote:They asked permission to get closer, but they weren't allowed to touch.
*Sigh* the story of my love life :cry:

I touched one time and the bouncer threw me out
I mean, I had fast motor cars and fast motor bikes, and when I wasn't crashing airplanes, I was crashing motor bikes. It's all part of the game — Sir Harry Broadhurst