:lol:

Donkey
Pilot Officer
Pilot Officer
Adjutant
Staff

Re: Advanced Teamspeak Radio Plugin?

Post by Donkey » Thu Aug 10, 2017 4:59 pm

If you can find out what kind of packet is being sent from the ARMA server to the TS client, what format it is in, what data it needs etc... we can then *consider* putting it into the ACGDataHandler exe which runs on the server. I'd suggest you email the author(s) to see if they will give you that info.

Woop

Post by Woop » Thu Aug 10, 2017 5:36 pm

There's quite a bit about it on here

https://github.com/michail-nikolaev/tas ... ma-3-radio

Geordie

Post by Geordie » Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:12 pm

Ahj github how many times you've helped me at work
I mean, I had fast motor cars and fast motor bikes, and when I wasn't crashing airplanes, I was crashing motor bikes. It's all part of the game — Sir Harry Broadhurst

Donkey
Pilot Officer
Pilot Officer
Adjutant
Staff

Post by Donkey » Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:43 pm

Hmmm. And quite a lot of it is in Russian. Don't hold your breath waiting for me to do it... :D

Woop

Post by Woop » Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:19 pm

Donkey wrote:Hmmm. And quite a lot of it is in Russian. Don't hold your breath waiting for me to do it... :D
Mate, you do far too much anyway. Plus I still owe you a beer. :lol:

Donkey
Pilot Officer
Pilot Officer
Adjutant
Staff

Post by Donkey » Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:52 pm

Well as I said, *if* it's a network packet that we can copy then I can try and replicate it in our data handler. If you can find that much out then we're on our way.

Woop

Post by Woop » Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:48 am

If you can get the same information out of the game that we get out of Arma then it is indeed possible.
we can then try putting it into the our DataHandler exe which runs on the server won't really work.
TFAR needs data clientside.
You have to get the data to the clientside. The packets are just a string of tab-seperated elements. They are pushed to Teamspeak via NamedPipe or in 1.0 via a proprietary Shared Memory protocol
So... You basically don't need 3D voice as you will never be that close? 3D Voice is over 90% of the Data that TFAR receives from the game. and if you don't need that at all you can spare yourself a lot of work
You then only need a way to set the frequencies in game. and also a way to capture the transmit hotkey in game and send that to TS
Theoretically, the radio frequencies can also be set via the plugin if the game's radio function [TAB] is not editable by the server
A few quotes from the guy who made TFAR. :salute:

I'm on their Discord server atm, so it's quite easy for him to answer questions from me.

Donkey
Pilot Officer
Pilot Officer
Adjutant
Staff

Post by Donkey » Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:35 am

Ugh. Ok, so we would need to create a further client on each machine which communicates with the ACG data handler to get xyz of all assets of the same faction, and *this* is what would be used to get the data into TS. We need to do it this way as that's the mechanism we use to get data out of the server. Does this chap recommend named pipes or the proprietary shared mem protocol to push the data to TS?

Note, much as I am asking questions, this doesn't mean (in any way) I am seriously considering doing this yet...

Woop

Post by Woop » Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:59 am

Donkey wrote:Note, much as I am asking questions, this doesn't mean (in any way) I am seriously considering doing this yet...
I would't expect you to! Thanks for your help to determine if this is even possible. :salute:

I'd recommend going for the TFAR 1.0 plugin as that's more advanced. And the old system won't get any more updates.
You can just copy the Interface from the Arma extension. At that point you just push strings and and that's it. 'task_force_radio_pipe.dll' The Arma side of the Arma<->Teamspeak communication.
Ok, so we would need to create a further client on each machine which communicates with the data handler to get xyz of all assets of the same faction, and this is what would be used to get the data into TS
Included in that thing