Re: Chubby activated.

Post by HotLunch » Thu Mar 15, 2018 10:16 pm

:suicide:
More vodka Comrade!

Von Archie

Post by Von Archie » Thu Mar 15, 2018 10:19 pm

Bye then Vranac.
i5 4690k / MSI Gaming 5 / 2 x 8 GB Crucial Ballistix ram / Zotac AMP! 980Ti / 2 x 250 SSDs
VPC MongoosT-50 joystick / MFG Crosswind pedals / GVL 109/111 Throttle / Oculus Rift

Vranac

Post by Vranac » Thu Mar 15, 2018 10:31 pm

Smokejumper wrote: I'm not sure Vranacs issue with control surface damage is accurate. First I agree with you Kai that when the verticle stab has been shot off the ass end slides out and you are going in.

My others concern and the part which gives me pause is that I can actually feel damage to control surfaces. With my MSFFB2 when they are made inoperable or removed entirely I feel it. The force feedback lessens and it will be specific to the damaged part. There are subtle varieties to the damage feel as well. Like if only one aileron goes dead. I notice it and can tell which one by feel. I don't need to look.

I can feel the change in how the aircraft behaves as well. I have no proof that it also makes my aircraft performance drop but I find it difficult to believe that a crew who modeled how damage will "feel" missed that step.... I've only got anecdotal to give. A P-40 can turn inside a 109 at speed. When I lose a horizontal stab I can't fight as well. It's pretty defensive and I'm looking for an exit.

I will say that BoX DM is not on the detail level of Cliffs and it annoys me. That is my only major gripe now. I dislike the simple internal DM compared to Cliffs. I want all the cooling and fuel lines modeled for example.

However, given the advance in explosive damage I can understand why it isn't high priority.

This is different to Cliffs? I seem to recall in my 1200 109 hours that I fly around a lot with my control surfaces burnt off by a shit load of dewilde. I still dive, roll and attain high speed with no penalty.... Even after Blitz drop but I admit my time has taken a nose dive and may have missed some damage updates but I doubt it.

This leads into something I also like better in BoX. Ammo belts not being full custom...... I'd love to yoink tracers but if that means someone is going to "game" the load out fuckit. No.

I'd also argue that the penalty in performance when a horizontal stab is blown off is higher in BoX and it registers to my force feedback stick that something is broken. Cliffs gives me no indication except visual that I've taken damage.

Both have pros and cons but BoX has pros working while Cliffs does not.
Sorry, but you're wrong on both counts Smoke. Take a Stuka and blow your vertical stabilizer off or take a Spit but you'd need someone to help you.
And how did you miss what was the point in those videos? it's about damaged control surfaces, not those that are blown off. That is also very easy to test.

Secondly, every even slightest damage on your control surfaces is counted in Cliffs, even when you have a small tiny hole. I'll tell you how I found that out. I was on AX in a 109 fighting a guy ( also on a 109) that I know that I always beat, after a few maneuvers I'm on his six. That time I was hit a bit before but couldn't feel any damage, everything seemed to be fine. I couldn't get on his six for two minutes, whooh, I though, he improved a lot. But in a next fight I had beaten him as usual. Luckily I was recording a track and the outside views were not locked back then. I watched the track and there was a tiny bitty hole on one elevator and that was enough to lose some elevator authority.

HotLunch

Post by HotLunch » Thu Mar 15, 2018 10:38 pm

Vranac wrote:
Secondly, every even slightest damage on your control surfaces is counted in Cliffs, even when you have a small tiny hole. I'll tell you how I found that out. I was on AX in a 109 fighting a guy ( also on a 109) that I know that I always beat, after a few maneuvers I'm on his six. That time I was hit a bit before but couldn't feel any damage, everything seemed to be fine. I couldn't get on his six for two minutes, whooh, I though, he improved a lot. But in a next fight I had beaten him as usual. Luckily I was recording a track and the outside views were not locked back then. I watched the track and there was a tiny bitty hole on one elevator and that was enough to lose some elevator authority.

:wank:
More vodka Comrade!

Vranac

Post by Vranac » Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:18 pm

HotLunch wrote:

:wank:

You have something constructive to add?

Von Archie

Post by Von Archie » Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:34 pm

Found it! User control panel, add foes...

Bye Vranac
i5 4690k / MSI Gaming 5 / 2 x 8 GB Crucial Ballistix ram / Zotac AMP! 980Ti / 2 x 250 SSDs
VPC MongoosT-50 joystick / MFG Crosswind pedals / GVL 109/111 Throttle / Oculus Rift

Von Archie

Post by Von Archie » Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:38 pm

Back to BoX...
Advice on the forum for people with stutters is to enable 4k skins and vsync, seems to be a bug.

Boyezee

Post by Boyezee » Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:47 pm

Yeah that did the trick for me, seems to have taken care of the issue.

I haven't tried it in VR yet since the update, have you had to change your previous VR settings or does it run the same?

I like the career mode, lots of detail and well laid out, would like to do some co-op at some point as well

Von Archie

Post by Von Archie » Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:56 pm

I'm still messing around with settings, so far the 150km view distance hasn't caused me any issues, but I'm pretty sure it would with loads of aircraft.
i even upped SS in steamvr to 3.2 and went for my normal blast around the mountains of Kuban in a P-40 with no problems, and it looked fantastic, but I know my system won't handle that setting in action. Not tried career but it is supposed to be very resource heavy.
I'm now eyeing up crazy 5.0GHz 8700k's and 1080Ti's but that will have to wait a while as I'm married...

Wozaworld

Post by Wozaworld » Fri Mar 16, 2018 1:06 am

VR - Down low above the water... water spray hitting the canopy :shock:
"Always treat your kite like you treat your woman, climb inside her five times a day and take her to heaven and back.."

i7 8700K @ 5Ghz H100X Water cooled, Asus Maximus X Hero, 32gb DDR4 3000mhz ram, GTX1080ti 11gb , 250gb SSD, Thrustmaster warthog stick, X-55 H.O.T.A.S, Combat Rudder pedals, TrackIR5, GHD Hair straightners, Quite a nice kettle. Oh! and one of those Oculus majiggy thingys