The Fall of France. Mission 2: 15th May 1940

Luftwaffe flight reports for the epic ACG Historical Campaign - "Peace In Our Time" covering the Fall of France and the Battle of Britain. We are recruiting new pilots so you can join this - post in the Reception to request a seat. This forum is publically viewable.

Moderators: Board of Directors, Skin Team, Treasurers, Administration Staff

Grey

Re: The Fall of France. Mission 2: 15th May 1940

Post by Grey » Mon Dec 16, 2013 9:42 am

Mission Date: 05-15-1940

Name: Grey
Unit: 5./JG26
Aircraft: Bf-109 E1
Markings: Ace of spades
Aerodrome: Arras
Victory Claims:
TimePlaceAircraftOpponentConfirmed
-----
Arras may 15
Those drunken mechanics ruined my day, they were already celebrating the near end of the war!
First they pulled out the wrong crate, white 1 instead of black 1, Then they got my 109 out with a dirty canopy, the others of my schwarm were already taxiing in the process. Finally I took off, but I had to return back to the shop 2 more times, my trims got stuck and couldn’t take off right away, I know this was my fault for not following proper take-off procedures before take-off as we were taught at Berlin-Gatow, but we didn’t have any time to do any of that! Our lieutenant Mad Dog was furious and I sure as hell don’t want to be in the shoes of those rotten-mechanics after our sortie!! It didn’t take long for me to form up at the wing of our lieutenant after I finally was in the air, we missed our rendezvous with the stuka’s of Geschwader Stab StG2. As for the rest I thought the Brits were already back across the channel sipping tea and pouring tears at the Inn with Churchill, cause they weren’t anywhere nearby! It felt like flying for Lufthansa for Pete’s sake!! Good bye Tommies!! Send some kisses to Vera Lynn!

OGefr Franz Grey
Last edited by Grey on Mon Dec 16, 2013 10:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Hypoxia

After Action Reports Mission 3 12/16/2013

Post by Hypoxia » Mon Dec 16, 2013 8:02 pm

Mission Date: 15-05-1940

Name: Hypoxia
Unit: 4./JG26
Aircraft: BF109-E1
Markings: White 12

Victory Claims: 0
Time Place Aircraft Opponent Confirmed
- - - - -

Schwarm 2 4.JG26 took off separated and late due to a runway incident of unknown origin…. Formed up late en-route to target. Picked up Stukas which appeared to be in 3 groups. Called out enemy fighters at 1000 high and our schwarm engaged diving down in a dogfight. Got several bursts on Hurricanes and subsequently got separated from Schwarm 2. Regained altitude looking for contacts enroute to Arras. Saw two Hurricanes in the distance flying rather sloppily like they were trying to get there nerve up for something. I went buster and nose on. The hurricanes turned in my direction and we passed trading shots. I glimpsed Nitrous’s plane and immediately shat my pants. I engaged WEP, put the nose down and accelerated out and followed with an Immeleman trying to re-acquire while maintaining high potential energy. The hurricanes were no where to be seen. Set a heading for home and lost my engine near base. Set down in a field uninjured. A lovely French girl found me and took me to her chateau. She, along with her sister fed me wine, cheese, and grapes. I fed them sausage. The next morning I stole a bicycle and rode back to base.

Druid

Post by Druid » Wed Dec 18, 2013 3:07 pm

Name: Druid
Unit: 4./JG26
Aircraft: Bf-109 E1
Markings: white 17
Victory Claims:
Time Place Aircraft Opponent Confirmed
- - - - -
“Being ignorant is not so much a shame, as being unwilling to learn.”
― Benjamin Franklin

Dickie
Group Captain
Group Captain
ACG Board
contributor

Post by Dickie » Thu Dec 19, 2013 9:27 am

Still missing reports from:

Neun
Jupp
Pappy
Casca

Neun

Post by Neun » Thu Dec 19, 2013 9:21 pm

Mission Date: 15-05-1940

Name:Neun
Unit:6./JG26
Aircraft:Bf 109 E-1
Markings: brown 9
Aerodrome:Arras
Victory Claims:
TimePlaceAircraftOpponentConfirmed

Casca
Oberfeldwebel
Oberfeldwebel
contributor

Post by Casca » Tue Dec 24, 2013 1:43 am

Mission Date: 15-05-1940 1530-1640

Name: Casca
Unit: 6./JG26
Aircraft: Bf 109 E1
Markings: White 10
Victory Claims:

Face shot by descending Hurricane as I climbed to engage. Machine caught fire. Very bad tactics on my behalf.