Kanalkampf. Mission 7: 10th July 1940

Luftwaffe flight reports for the epic ACG Historical Campaign - "Peace In Our Time" covering the Fall of France and the Battle of Britain. We are recruiting new pilots so you can join this - post in the Reception to request a seat. This forum is publically viewable.

Moderators: Board of Directors, Skin Team, Treasurers, Administration Staff

Lee
Leutnant
Leutnant

Re: Kanalkampf. Mission 7: 10th July 1940

Post by Lee » Sun Feb 09, 2014 11:12 pm

Mission Date: 06-09-1940 1105-1210

Name: Lee
Unit: 5./JG26
Aircraft: bf-109E-1
Markings: Non
Aerodrome: Abbeville
Victory Claims:
TimePlaceAircraftOpponentConfirmed
-----

Casca
Oberfeldwebel
Oberfeldwebel
contributor

Post by Casca » Mon Feb 10, 2014 12:03 am

Mission Date: 12th June 1940

Name: Casca
Unit: 4./JG26
Aircraft: bf 109 E3
Markings: White 10
Pilot Status: OK
Aircraft Status: Out of gas, undamaged - landed in a field due east of Nenfchatel-en-Bray

Victory Claims: I Hurricane / Confirmed (Vas, Druid)
I confirm 2 kills by Druid saving my ass...
Last edited by Casca on Sun Feb 16, 2014 5:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Flyby
Leutnant
Leutnant

Post by Flyby » Mon Feb 10, 2014 1:09 am

Mission Date: 12 june 1940

Name: Flyby
Unit: 5./JG25
Aircraft: 109 E1
Markings: Black 8
Victory Claims:1/2 Hurricane ( I share this victory with Vlerkies; we both got hitsw on it)
[tr][td]Time:approx 1450[/td][td]nearBrighton[/td][td]Hurricane[/td][td]Opponent[/td][td]Confirmed[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]-[/td][td]-[/td][td]-[/td][td]-[/td][td]-[/td][/tr]
[/table]
My Warrior creed:ACG; A good place to be.

Wiesel

Post by Wiesel » Mon Feb 10, 2014 7:46 am

Mission Date: 10-07-1940 1355-1500

Name: Wiesel
Unit: 6./JG26
Aircraft: Bf-109 E4
Markings: Brown 4
Victory Claims:
-----
I confirm the following kills:
1440 Hurricane, by 6./JG26_Syno
1455 Spitfire (Nitrous), by 6./JG26_Ape

Pilot: OK, picked up by Sea Air Rescue Team
AC Lost: 1
III./JG26 "Schlageter" | 8./JG51 "Mölders"

Vlerkies

Post by Vlerkies » Mon Feb 10, 2014 8:07 am

Mission Date: 10-07-1940

Name: Vlerkies
Aircraft: Bf-109 E1
Markings: Black 2
Victory Claims: 1 Hurricaine
Shared kill with Flyby, both saw him go down.

Seems we had more planes in the hangar than pilots so we grabbed the chef out the kitchen (his cooking was crap anyway) and unceremoniously stuffed him into a 109 with no marinade.
After a few false starts and burnt engines just after wheels up (just like the food he used to prepare) we managed to get the oven running smoothly and the necessary radiators open. ;)
Configuring prop pitch keys on the fly was a challenge but we final made the channel in tact.
It was fun, I could almost see the white knuckles and the beads of sweat brought on by intense concentration of the new pilot :lol:

Way behind the main groups we headed across the channel, and were told to vector to the Brit airfield.
On the way there we picked up a Hurricane crossing the coast and engaged.
Solid hits and he lost some flight controls and started venting. Flyby came in and finished him off.
Turned back West down the coast but we were low and slow. High Spit overhead then Brits everywhere.

Got mixed up with a million British planes on my ass, oh look, water radiators perforated, death.

The end

Stig

Post by Stig » Mon Feb 10, 2014 9:56 am

Mission Date: 00-00-0000 0000-0000

Name: Stig
Aircraft: Bf109E-1
Markings: Black 7
Victory Claims:
-----
The staffel left Abbeville in some disarray, Lt. Atreides and I eventually reached England late for the party, or so we thought. Suddenly there were Spitfires everywhere, I tried hard to stay with the leutnant, but I lost contact with him, and instead picked up several Spitfires for company. With ailerons damaged and water rad perforated I bailed out over the Channel off the English coast.

Lee
Leutnant
Leutnant

Post by Lee » Mon Feb 10, 2014 11:59 am

Mission Date: 10th July 1940 1355-1440

Name: Lee
Aircraft: Bf 109 E-1
Markings: Non
Victory Claims:
-----
My first time online , my first campaign .
Lets see ..
Crashed the first takeoff , healed back my Staffle ... and ended up going MIA .
To top that , My desktop crashed while I was just above the coast line ...
I guess I was this missions comic relief :-) .
But I got accepted , so I am as excited as can be :-) .
You guys are AMAZING , and I will get much better ...
All in all I had the time of my life

Hypoxia

Post by Hypoxia » Mon Feb 10, 2014 3:29 pm

Mission Date: 2/9/2014
Name: Hypoxia
Unit: 4./JG26BF109-E3
Markings: White 12
Victory Claims: 0
Time Place Aircraft Opponent Confirmed
- - - - -

Confirm Aurora’s 1 Kill
Took off out of Abbeville flying Schwarm 1 position 4 with Coolhand, Mason, Aurora, and Maple. I was flying Aurora’s wing. Takeoff went OK even though our lineup was not perfect as we rolled from nearly our spawn positions. On climb out noticed Black 20 flying positions in our “White” Schwarm …mostly the number 4 spot making it impossible to fly that position without significant risk of collision. No comm with Black 20 so I slid over a flew a 6 O’clock position on lead… Coolhand. Please if you are not assigned to a schwarm and want to tag along, stay well back. It gets very confusing trying to identify who is who when unknown aircraft penetrate the schwarm and collision risk is great. We were late finding the bombers and Aurora and I dove to engage enemy hurricanes. Ended up in a dogfight with hurricanes and a spit. Confirm Auroras 1 Kill in this dogfight. Got separated from Aurora and climbed toward Eastbourne trying to build potential E. Located the ships and Aurora and then re-engaged targets. Aurora had a collision while on the tail of a spit. Zoomed back to altitude and surveyed the situation. Thought about going home fuel stat 1200.….but saw a ME109 being attacked by a spit low and several other contacts. Dove down to help the 109 who I thought was Maple and got some hits. Climbing right turn to reengage and took fire from a Spitfire. Dove down to increase speed and had engine problems…pitch frozen 2400, vibrations, still carrying good speed so extended as best I could 130 degrees. Windscreen then oiled up, engine Kaput, and elevator control insufficient to get nose up. A shallow, not pretty water landing ensued. I think it was Luke who deserves credit for putting the damage on my 109 that caused me to go into the water…Congrats to Luke.

Neun

Post by Neun » Wed Feb 12, 2014 7:21 pm

Mission Date: 10th June 1940 1357-1500

Name: Neun
Unit: 6./JG26
Aircraft: bf-109 e1
Markings: Brown 9
Victory Claims:
-----
[/quote]

Atreides

Post by Atreides » Fri Feb 14, 2014 5:35 pm

Mission Date: 10th July 1940 1405-1512

Name: Atreides
Aircraft: Bf 109 E-1
Markings: Black 3

Victory Claims: none

1405 The fifth took off from Abbeville. 5./JG26 spend some time forming up, as we were fortunate to be able to accomodate new pilots who had arrived fresh from Germany. We are lucky to have the losses of our operations near Abbeville, Dunkirk and Le Havre replenished, however it will take some time to optimize our operational effectiveness.
1455 Arriving near Wilmington we immediately got into a furball and soon found ourselves hugging the waves in fierce dogfights. Diving after one enemy I found myself chased by another. I disengaged my target and extended away over land. Slowly but surely this Hurricane (I could see the markings KW-F on it's fusselage) got left behind. Having gotten enough distance between myself and him I turned and did a head-on attack. I got some hits in him but none in return. I turned away, just at the right moment. After some turns we again found ourselves on a head-on course. It was 15:12. I fired and turned away...but this time too late. We crashed into each other at 3 km over the skies in Wilmington. Having lost parts of my wings and with that all control of my aircraft I started to fall down towards the ground. The last thing I could see of my opponent was him flying away almost unscathed! What sorcery was this? Had the British built their planes out of titanium? It didn't matter anymore to me as I was doomed. My cockpit hatch was jammed (due to some bug I couldn't jettison it). I just hope my fellow Staffelpilots could find a way to counter this Wunderwaffe.
Thinking about my life I had one last thought http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJESLxEd0Tk#t=13 .... then nothing.