New super awesome medieval games coming out!

We don't just fly

Moderators: Board of Directors, Command

Aristo

Re: New super awesome medieval games coming out!

Post by Aristo » Thu Feb 15, 2018 3:47 pm

Onebad I had the same issue as you. Simply use your bow and shoot him in the head as it only takes two or so shots to bring him down.
"Dan heisse ich Meyer!"

Benny

Post by Benny » Fri Feb 16, 2018 1:27 am

Donkey wrote:Fuck, where is that Onebad? I've just gone back to bury my parents, just about this start that. And I fucking hate their save system. Cunts.
Why do you think that the save system is bad? It just makes it more immersive and makes you actually think and plan what youre going to do (easy fix for you is learn alchemy and make these saviour schnapps by yourself, you can also sell them for alot of money).

Also on nexus there is a mod for unlimited saves if youre interested.

Donkey
Pilot Officer
Pilot Officer
Adjutant
Staff

Post by Donkey » Fri Feb 16, 2018 1:36 am

I think it's bad because I don't have unlimited time to replay stuff, have a life that often requires me to stop gaming at short notice and don't appreciate having to then redo everything I had done to that point if I'm out of schnapps. I think any "design" feature which limits basic functionality like saving is stupid because it will invariably piss off some of your player base for very little upside (if any). If you are going to pull shit like this then release a version that lets people choose up front if they are going to use it or not (like the XCOM ironman mode). Then everyone is happy.

Benny

Post by Benny » Fri Feb 16, 2018 1:59 am

I understand your point now. Then I recommend to use the mod from nexus unlimited saves.

https://www.nexusmods.com/kingdomcomedeliverance

Donkey
Pilot Officer
Pilot Officer
Adjutant
Staff

Post by Donkey » Fri Feb 16, 2018 2:10 am

I'll give it a look. Cheers!

Vanguard

Post by Vanguard » Fri Feb 16, 2018 4:49 am

The game's so realistic, it makes you search for Ginger. :lol: (Courtesy of OneBad for the joke)

The pilot shall be considered to have above-average intelligence and normal (average) common sense.

NATOPS A1-F18AC-NFM-000, Preface, p. 55.

Onebad

Post by Onebad » Fri Feb 16, 2018 7:26 pm

Donkey wrote:Fuck, where is that Onebad? I've just gone back to bury my parents, just about this start that. And I fucking hate their save system. Cunts.
Much later in the game you'll be asked to raid a bandit stronghold. It starts with a big battle (which I assumed that once won will be the end of it), but once the battle end you'll have to 1v1 a dude that's pretty handy with a sword. The fight was hard for me because I already took big damage in the battle itself.

Once you're there just make sure not to take a lot of damage prior to the boss fight and you'll be gucci.

That being said, the save system is fine for me but it leads to stupid situations sometimes.

Donkey
Pilot Officer
Pilot Officer
Adjutant
Staff

Post by Donkey » Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:33 pm

Cheers bud. Fucking loving it, must say.

Thaine

Post by Thaine » Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:39 am

I'm really, really tempted by that game. But I'm uncertain if my PC will run it in an enjoyable way. Can the ones that played it tell me a bit about their system and experience with it? That would be very kind. Thank you.
Fractal Design Define R6 / Gigabyte Z390 AORUS MASTER / Intel i9-9900K / 32 GB RAM / NVIDIA GeForce GTX2080Ti / WD Black SN750 / Corsair Hydro H100i RGB Platinum / Corsair RM850x / WINDOWS 10 / LG 42LE5300 / TrackIR / HP Reverb G2 / Saitek AV8R-MK3 / Saitek ProFlight Throttle Quadrant / Saitek ProFlight Rudder Paddels / Saitek ProFlight Cessna Trim Wheel

Aristo

Post by Aristo » Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:48 am

@Thaine.

Core i7 7700k @ 4.2Ghz
EVGA GTX 970
8GB Ram.
Hyper 212 Evo cooler.

I can run on very high with around 40 FPS but there is texture popping and some that take a while to load even being right in front of them so I run on high.
"Dan heisse ich Meyer!"