Hello

All information about our Campaign and the Joining Process can be found here.

Moderator: Board of Directors

Chickenmonkey

Hello

Post by Chickenmonkey » Sun Sep 22, 2019 10:33 pm

Hi there

Just dropping a message to say I'm interested in registering for a trial for your group.

I only have 20h BoS under my belt, mainly on public servers - but would love to be part of a structured team instead of knocking about on my own.

Im still learning IL2, so my best skill is the ability to stall in any situation. I'm pretty good at it too.

I'm from the UK but looking to join a 109 squadron if there's a space available. I grew up playing Allied themed Sims (reach for the skies, B17 flying fortress, Knights of the skies etc). So after getting back into gaming after a looong break, I fancied playing the other side.

I'm a graphic designer by trade so weekday availability can be tight due to work commitments.... But Sundays should be good.

Cheers.

CM.

Boyezee

Re: Hello

Post by Boyezee » Mon Sep 23, 2019 8:03 am

Hi CM, welcome to ACG.

We have 2 European based units flying the 109 so you there is a slot for you in either of those.

We are finishing our Battle of Moscow campaign this Sunday and then we move onto a Cliffs of Dover campaign, do you own Cliffs of Dover? If not it is quite cheap and we can get you sorted with controls and stuff.

We are doing ww2 in chronological order so we get a chance to try multiple theatres throughout the war.

If you want to add me on steam then we can chat and arrange for you to join us for a mission and see if you like it, my steam name is 5./JG26_Boyezee.

Woop

Post by Woop » Mon Sep 23, 2019 9:40 am

Welcome to ACG! If you have any questions about us or whatever, Discord is the best place to ask!

Jammy

Post by Jammy » Mon Sep 23, 2019 10:30 am

Wellcome Mr.Chicken! As stated we will be going back to Cliffs of Dover very soon, though I was told we have 2-3 more missions on fly in Moscow still so perhaps you'll get a chance to experience the frozen wastes of Russia for abit :)

Teamspeak and Discord if you need to contact people and of course the forums. You are guaranteed to fly with a squadron on your first mission so you can see what we have to offer just show up on sunday (teamspeak only) and you'll get shoved into a squadron in no time!
I do like to shoot down planes yes I do

Maltloaf
Location: Salisbury Plain, birthplace of British military aviation.

Post by Maltloaf » Mon Sep 23, 2019 12:32 pm

Hi CM, please don't be concerned over ability or hours or being rusty, we are extremely eager to have new blood and will help to get you sorted. As has been mentioned we do go over to Cliffs of Dover for a three-month spell very soon and would be more than happy to get you up and running with that. After that we go back to Russia with BoX, Stalingrad actually, and will be there for a few months before the next exciting installment. Structured, we certainly are, so if you fancy a posting to one of JG26’s Staffels, just jump in.

Malt
"I have never once lost my gratitude for those who were the sentinels and held the line between tyranny and civilisation"

Chickenmonkey

Post by Chickenmonkey » Mon Sep 23, 2019 2:24 pm

Thanks for the warm welcome all.

I'll try to catch the end of your BoS campaign this weekend. Understood regarding the move over CloD for a few months. I've been using VR to play and (as you know) it's not supported in CoD until v5.0.... so i'm happy to wait until BoS is rescheduled and use the time to practice more :)

Please don't take me as a VR snob! haha. It's just hard to got back to flat screen after being in the virtual cockpit.

I'll contact the relevant people using the channels listed.

Cheers again!

CM

Kit Pepper
Leutnant
Leutnant
Adjutant
contributor

Post by Kit Pepper » Sun Feb 16, 2020 12:24 am

Hi CM. On behalf of the ACG I just wanted to send a shout out to reconnect. Our Cliffs of Dover campaign will be over this Sunday and we will be returning to Battle of Stalingrad in just tree weeks! March 8, if I'm not mistaken. Good news too, the Luftwaffe is recruiting now, so your timing would be perfect to join. Additionally, your choice of using VR is welcome. Two of my staffel mates use VR and they swear by it. They might talk me in to it too!
I hope you connect with us soon on TS and we will get you sorted out with a sortie or two and you can try us out. I'm sure you will enjoy it!

Kit Pepper
Leutnant
Leutnant
Adjutant
contributor

Post by Kit Pepper » Sun Feb 16, 2020 3:40 pm

Understood regarding the move over CloD for a few months. I've been using VR to play and (as you know) it's not supported in CoD until v5.0.... so i'm happy to wait until BoS is rescheduled and use the time to practice more :)
Hi CM. On behalf of the ACG I just wanted to send a shout out to reconnect. Our Cliffs of Dover campaign will be over this Sunday and we will be returning to Battle of Stalingrad in just tree weeks! March 8, if I'm not mistaken. Good news too, the Luftwaffe is recruiting now, so your timing would be perfect to join. Additionally, your choice of using VR is welcome. Two of my staffel mates use VR and they swear by it. They might talk me in to it too!
I hope you connect with us soon on TS and we will get you sorted out with a sortie or two and you can try us out. I'm sure you will enjoy it!