When ready DLC chargeable per aircraft. Maximum 30 £/$/euro each
10%
When ready DLC chargeable per aircraft. Maximum 60 £/$/euro each
3%
When ready DLC Packs (eg "WTO 1941 fighters" "Allied Bombers"). IRO 30 £/$/euro
26%
When ready DLC Packs (eg "WTO 1941 fighters" "Allied Bombers"). IRO 60 £/$/euro
14%
When ready DLC Packs (eg "WTO 1941 fighters" "Allied Bombers"). IRO 100 £/$/euro
4%
Subscription model, payable per month
1%
Subscription model, pay as you play
0%
Grinding model. Grind to get aircraft opened up or buy them to save grinding
3%

Total votes: 245

Dickie
Group Captain
Group Captain
ACG Board
contributor

Re: TFS sales model discussion

Post by Dickie » Thu Nov 02, 2017 1:17 pm

That's more than 2 cents, I concur with it. Thanks Pman and we promise not to pounce on you at Duxford anymore

I'm pretty sure we've personally talked about the differences too, and while i'm here I always enjoy your Duxford efforts, the VR set up in particular was awesome. :B:

Smokejumper

Post by Smokejumper » Thu Nov 02, 2017 2:57 pm

Dickie wrote:Best post you've ever written Smoke old chum. :fap:
My communications class in action. Thanks buddy!

Nice post Pman. Thanks for chiming in.

Spectre

Post by Spectre » Thu Nov 02, 2017 3:32 pm

Smokejumper wrote:After 4.5 TF should be more open with their customers.
I completely agree, to me it has always seemed like they are under the assumption that their playerbase is never going to move onto a new simulator. ACG is kind of stuck in the mud with our almost cult like love for CloD, and this is from someone who loves CloD to bits and hates the BoS/M/K series - but we have to understand that sooner or later there are going to be better options and with DCS aiming to steal the spotlight with their entry into the WWII flight sim market, keeping the audience with CloD is going to require a lot of community engagement.
"On the edge of destiny, you must test your strength"
- Air Marshal Billy Bishop

Broadsword

Post by Broadsword » Thu Nov 02, 2017 4:49 pm

Spectre wrote:...sooner or later there are going to be better options...
Excellent news, can't wait :popcorn:
I must go up to the skies again, to the peace of silent flight, To the gull’s way, and the hawk’s way, and the free wings’ delight;
And all I ask is a friendly joke with a laughing fellow rover, And a large beer, and a deep sleep, when the long flight’s over.

Pman

Post by Pman » Thu Nov 02, 2017 5:01 pm

Dickie wrote:That's more than 2 cents, I concur with it. Thanks Pman and we promise not to pounce on you at Duxford anymore

I'm pretty sure we've personally talked about the differences too, and while i'm here I always enjoy your Duxford efforts, the VR set up in particular was awesome. :B:
I am sure that we have discussed this over the years, It comes up alot and for good reason, There is alot of "DCS is trying to take over" or "BoX will never match the FM's of DCS" back and forth everywhere. I however try and appreciate each one for their strengths and CLOD has some very strong ones, as has BoX.

My goal with DCS is still to produce as many high fidelity warbirds for DCS as I can, I still have a book offered by one of your members on my shelf at home with diagrams on Me110's along with other cutaways in it, Not forgotten :) I'm pleased to hear that you enjoyed the demo, I try and make myself as available as I can during those weekends to chat to people, but people are always welcome to add me on Facebook and have a chat or drop me a mail, doesn't have to be about DCS! I have just taken up CLOD and IL2 again so if anyone wants to come online and shoot me down feel free haha.

I recently watched a video off your youtube channel (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qhe-G4rDLFE&t) and found it very immersive and can see why your group remains busy and popular.

I sincerely hope for the success of, and will do what I can to support, TF's future development of CLOD and the expansion of the content there, with BoX being focused where it is and if memory serves focusing on the pacific in the future, there will be little competition for the edge of your seat, stick and rudder type flight sim based in WW2 europe that CLOD provides so well.

It may not be the prime life of the flight sim genre, but between DCS, Box and TF's vision of CLOD I think combat flight simming has rarely been in a better place.

I just hope that TF make the decision to release something before attention is too focused on alternatives to appreciate the work they are putting into their up and coming content. At end of the day, the only way that will be realised is people dipping into their pockets.

Personally whenever I am looking to buy a game I work it out quite simply, if I want to go to the pub or bowling or cinema I may get an hours entertainment for £5, so if I get 10 hours of enjoyment out of a DLC pack, I'd say thats my £50 earnt and anything beyond 10 hours is a gracious freebie from the dev.

Food for thought?

Pete

Goat

Post by Goat » Fri Nov 03, 2017 2:46 am

The sooner they release content, the better. CLoD really needs some resuscitation, it's been what... almost 4 years since 4.32 was released with a bunch of promises for more content "soon"? I'm never reluctant to throw money at projects I'm confident will actually come to fruition with a certain degree of satisfaction (like DCS, when a pre-order goes up you know you'll be flying that aircraft within a month).

I'd prefer the model for CLoD where they release the non-tropical aircraft in a DLC pack and freshen up the Channel map for 30 quid... But I'd be very reluctant to give them any money before it was actually released because frankly, I don' trust that it will actually come out. I'll be less skeptical when there is a released product and will have no problem paying for it then. They can gain my trust for pre-orders the same way DCS has... By delivering.

Shadepiece

Post by Shadepiece » Fri Nov 03, 2017 6:14 am

Goat wrote:The sooner they release content, the better. CLoD really needs some resuscitation, it's been what... almost 4 years since 4.32 was released with a bunch of promises for more content "soon"? I'm never reluctant to throw money at projects I'm confident will actually come to fruition with a certain degree of satisfaction (like DCS, when a pre-order goes up you know you'll be flying that aircraft within a month).

I'd prefer the model for CLoD where they release the non-tropical aircraft in a DLC pack and freshen up the Channel map for 30 quid... But I'd be very reluctant to give them any money before it was actually released because frankly, I don' trust that it will actually come out. I'll be less skeptical when there is a released product and will have no problem paying for it then. They can gain my trust for pre-orders the same way DCS has... By delivering.
Dead on. I think I already said, but I'd honestly pay for 4.5 if that's what they needed in order to keep CLoD alive however, it'd have to be out and playable. For the love of god, it doesn't have to be perfect. 4.3 is far from perfection. Any improvements are welcome.

Smokejumper

Post by Smokejumper » Fri Nov 03, 2017 5:26 pm

I agree shade. IF they had asked for a little bit of money to keep things going I would pay a small price for the new a/c. $10 pre 4.5 teaser. I know it would burn some people but again fanoboi I can be forgiving.

I used to donate to ATAG, I'd happily pay for product someone built. I'd be donating to ACG but I'm broke as fuck right now.

2050 hours and counting. My rudder pedals cost 40X what I paid for CloD. I go my moneys worth 1800 hours ago. When I look at Fallout, Witcher 3 etc, I am not anywhere near the hour count of Cliffs.

BR Lobo

Post by BR Lobo » Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:39 pm

I'll only pay for anything in CloD engine If ancient bugs and missing features are fixed in vanila game that I'm already paid for.

Simple as that. If TFS do this before CloD engine become obsolete, I don't care about pricing and sales model.