Bodenplatte, ROF II, tank sim

Mother Russia invaded by ACG!

Moderators: Board of Directors, Command

Redeye

Re: Bodenplatte, ROF II, tank sim

Post by Redeye » Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:00 pm

I'm aboard the VR train now as well. And BoX is great in it. Even spotting is 'decent' although not like in a monitor, but I am still able to see fighter size targets at 10+kms out. Dogfighting in VR is simply impossible to describe without saying what has been said many times- suffice to say it is incredible.

Wiggy

Post by Wiggy » Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:02 pm

I see a problem - no-one has come forward offering to create the mission.... or the server. Hmmm.

Anyone looked into the BoS mission builder? I have. It’s a cunt at best. Gonna take a lot of figuring out and many many hours of work to tailor it to ACG needs. Fucking loads of work, even for just a test run. Who’s up for it? :)

Ginger
Wing Commander
Wing Commander
ACG Board
contributor
Location: The centre of the known universe Nottingham, England

Post by Ginger » Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:05 pm

From what I've seen it looks basically the same as the RoF MB so i'll have a look at the weekend if I get time. ;)
DEAD PILOTS DONT MAKE CLAIMS

Spectre

Post by Spectre » Wed Nov 22, 2017 2:43 am

Ginger wrote:From what I've seen it looks basically the same as the RoF MB so i'll have a look at the weekend if I get time. ;)
God Speed good sir! :salute:
"On the edge of destiny, you must test your strength"
- Air Marshal Billy Bishop

Kai Lae

Post by Kai Lae » Wed Nov 22, 2017 4:08 am

Spectre wrote:
If it can accommodate EST, I would love to stress test. Plus it would be fun to have an organized flight instead of lone hunting and getting jumped.
That's called sending me a PM on steam or discord...I fly most nights, and I'm not the only one.

LuftAsher

Post by LuftAsher » Wed Nov 22, 2017 5:46 am

Wiggy wrote:I see a problem - no-one has come forward offering to create the mission.... or the server. Hmmm.

Anyone looked into the BoS mission builder? I have. It’s a cunt at best. Gonna take a lot of figuring out and many many hours of work to tailor it to ACG needs. Fucking loads of work, even for just a test run. Who’s up for it? :)
You've got a really odd, passive-aggressive tone about all of this. It's one thing to say that it's going to require a lot of work (which should be obvious to anyone and not even need stating at this point), but to wave it around and go "Ooooooh, bet no one's got the balls to do this :mrgreen: " is really quite a bizarre attitude to have. Are you actively trying to discourage people from trying to do it? You might be inclined to say that you don't care one way or another, but if that's the case, why mention it at all?

Wiggy

Post by Wiggy » Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:18 pm

LuftAsher wrote:
Wiggy wrote:I see a problem - no-one has come forward offering to create the mission.... or the server. Hmmm.

You've got a really odd, passive-aggressive tone about all of this. It's one thing to say that it's going to require a lot of work (which should be obvious to anyone and not even need stating at this point), but to wave it around and go "Ooooooh, bet no one's got the balls to do this :mrgreen: " is really quite a bizarre attitude to have. Are you actively trying to discourage people from trying to do it? You might be inclined to say that you don't care one way or another, but if that's the case, why mention it at all?
That’s the thing. I don’t think it is obvious to some.

Balls? Not what I said. I meant will, or urge, or can be arsed-ness.

Bizarre attitude? No, I just see people saying we should do this, do that, but none of them actually attempt to do anything about it productively.

Discourage? No, the opposite.

I looked into it myself as I was thinking of setting something up. But I’m not sure I do care at the moment as I think BoS is still a bit wank. It’s kinda fun, a great cinematic flying experiance, just a little wank. But I think it has great potential.

I mentioned it because that is what these forums are for - mentioning stuff.

LuftAsher

Post by LuftAsher » Wed Nov 22, 2017 4:24 pm

Wiggy wrote: Balls? Not what I said. I meant will, or urge, or can be arsed-ness.
Bizarre attitude? No, I just see people saying we should do this, do that, but none of them actually attempt to do anything about it productively.
Discourage? No, the opposite.
I looked into it myself as I was thinking of setting something up. But I’m not sure I do care at the moment as I think BoS is still a bit wank. It’s kinda fun, a great cinematic flying experiance, just a little wank. But I think it has great potential.
I mentioned it because that is what these forums are for - mentioning stuff.
I really hope there aren't people in ACG who think that the Mission Fairy just shits a new mission onto the server every week like magic, that would be underselling the efforts the mission building team puts into each one by rather a lot. To your point about no one stepping forward to do it, I suspect the reason for that primarily is that those with the spare time, or knowledge to do so for ACG related projects are already doing stuff to support our existing campaign, and thus can't really divert those efforts elsewhere. If I had the time to do it, I certainly would, but unfortunately I don't.