Few words of appreciation and feedback

Founding grounds of ACG.

Moderators: Board of Directors, Command

Brigg

Re: Few words of appreciation and feedback

Post by Brigg » Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:10 pm

Nev wrote:Loving the damage modeling it feels like you are in a real fight now. The guns sound amazing and when you smack your target chunks fall off of reminiscent of the old Gun cam footage from WW2

Also 109 pilots will rejoice it took me a good while to get the above to happen and I had to arc my shots into the fuel tanks. :nice:

All in all colour me impressed :salute:

well it is cold this time of year, so at least we will be warm :lol:

Onebad

Post by Onebad » Sat Dec 16, 2017 3:10 am

I guess some of the damage models issues haven't quite been fixed though!

BR Lobo

Post by BR Lobo » Sat Dec 16, 2017 5:38 am

I like new FM. Now Spitfires are deadly low level and even Hurricanes can fight against 109s.

No more "dive and run to Marquise West" all the time. Blue pilots will need to fly using energy with more care.

Great job!

Rich

Post by Rich » Sat Dec 16, 2017 7:42 pm

Rather than start a new thread I'll add my appreciation to this one.

Cliffs is my favourite sim for a number of reasons. Without the earlier team fusion patches it would be unusable and further work to add improve it is always likely to favourably received by me.

Changes to the flight model are the best thing. It feels more real and I think it addressed some major issues that once I became aware of them bugged me. I felt it was very unrealistic that as a 109 e4 pilot I would be reluctant to go over 5k due to poor performance.

I'm impressed with the beaufighter, which bodes well for the future releases and most of the new sounds are a positive except the cannons are much too loud and basey in my Kingston hyperx headphones. The sound levels of effects like touchdown seem a little off too.

The colour saturation seems too low, especially for the scenery.

I'm enjoying trying it out and appreciate the work that's gone into it. I can see some criticism of flaws that have still not been fixed but it was an enjoyable game despite those flaws before and will remain so. (I am referring to the ai, collision models, invisible pits in the ground and booby trapped hangers).

Thank you.