Meanwhile......Over on ATAG this evening!

Where you can pick up on your daily propaganda

Moderators: Board of Directors, Command

Jonesy

Meanwhile......Over on ATAG this evening!

Post by Jonesy » Thu Mar 08, 2018 10:16 pm

Yes he is still trying to engage me :lol:

Professional manchild

Bunny

Re: Meanwhile......Over on ATAG this evening!

Post by Bunny » Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:02 pm

LOL - and yet still manages to miss. Nice side-swerve there :nice:

“It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes I-16s.” - Douglas Adams

Jonesy

Post by Jonesy » Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:08 pm

Just when you begin to think you’ve seen it all............ :lol:
Professional manchild

Dickie
Group Captain
Group Captain
ACG Board
contributor

Post by Dickie » Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:08 am

It's a truly pathetic way to 'experience' the BOB. All the grandeur about what a #1 sim Cliffs is and they run a server like this.

Von Archie

Post by Von Archie » Fri Mar 09, 2018 2:15 pm

I'd rather not play than play on ATAG.
i5 4690k / MSI Gaming 5 / 2 x 8 GB Crucial Ballistix ram / Zotac AMP! 980Ti / 2 x 250 SSDs
VPC MongoosT-50 joystick / MFG Crosswind pedals / GVL 109/111 Throttle / Oculus Rift

Jonesy

Post by Jonesy » Fri Mar 09, 2018 3:53 pm

Yeah I’m usually the same but the servers were dead and I prefer fighting against breathers than AI. It certainly was frustrating. Constantly getting vulched but it was a turkey shoot once I finally got up.
Professional manchild

Jaydog
Hauptmann
Hauptmann
Staffelkapitan

Post by Jaydog » Fri Mar 09, 2018 4:57 pm

Looked like he had control problems after getting hit lol.... I'm with Jonesy on the breather part. It is no fun flying against AI.

But I don't understand the bellyaching about being strafed on the ground folks. That is a reality of war and it happened all the time by all sides. We've all been on both ends at some point on Cliffs, on both servers. At the end of the day Cliffs is just an objective based game. If you can't get in the air, you can't win.

i9-9900k, 3.6 GHz, GeForce RTX 3090 FE, 64 GB RAM, 1 TB Samsung EVO SSD, 480 GB SSD, 1 TB SATA III Hard Drive, Windows 10, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro Joystick, Warthog Flight Stick, Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS HOTAS, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals; MFG Crosswinds, VR: Oculus Rift S/ Reverb G2 / Pimax Crystal

Boyezee

Post by Boyezee » Fri Mar 09, 2018 5:19 pm

I haven't been on the ATAG server for at least a couple of years but I used to hate the ground strafing thing, whenever I objected I would be told 'this is war' which is ridiculous as it just isn't - really, really it isn't - it is just a bunch of blokes sitting at desks playing a computer game.

As for the gaming side, it is basically spawn camping ruining their opponents ability to play which is behaviour I would expect from a 10 year old not grown men :)

Jaydog
Hauptmann
Hauptmann
Staffelkapitan

Post by Jaydog » Fri Mar 09, 2018 6:41 pm

Boyezee wrote:I haven't been on the ATAG server for at least a couple of years but I used to hate the ground strafing thing, whenever I objected I would be told 'this is war' which is ridiculous as it just isn't - really, really it isn't - it is just a bunch of blokes sitting at desks playing a computer game.

As for the gaming side, it is basically spawn camping ruining their opponents ability to play which is behaviour I would expect from a 10 year old not grown men :)

I would have to respectfully disagree on this Boyezee. It's not spawn camping most of the time. There are some assholes that do it all the time who are only in it for stats, but from my experience, for most pilots it is coordinated suppression to distract or cover bombers coming in to bomb the field. If you're truly in it to win it on ATAG and to turn a shitty map no one likes, and you clearing the area where a strike is occurring or preventing bombers from being intercepted, why in gods name would you allow the enemy to get airborne and shoot you down or prevent a bombing attack to win? I've been on both ends, to include being strafed on the ACG server on training nights. It is what it is.

Wait until you get blown out of your parachute on BoX on MP. Yes, it does and will happen. Successful bailout only to be shot in my chute and my parachute deflated and falling to my death at hands of some commie bastard. Happened to me a couple of weeks ago on TAW server. That is something I really look down upon as it goes against the Geneva convention and Law of Armed Conflict. I expect that kind of bahavior from Dickie's alter ego Lt. Stefan Kuntz. :lol:

i9-9900k, 3.6 GHz, GeForce RTX 3090 FE, 64 GB RAM, 1 TB Samsung EVO SSD, 480 GB SSD, 1 TB SATA III Hard Drive, Windows 10, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro Joystick, Warthog Flight Stick, Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS HOTAS, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals; MFG Crosswinds, VR: Oculus Rift S/ Reverb G2 / Pimax Crystal

Jonesy

Post by Jonesy » Fri Mar 09, 2018 7:10 pm

Thing is airfield attacks were hit and run due to the fact they were heavily defended. To loiter over one was suicide. These jokers were over the airfield for a good several minutes diving on anything that moved. Thats certainly not historically accurate that’s just spawn killing. What makes me laugh is the fact that these knights of the air were soon tumbling towards the ground in flames the moment they were engaged in the air. :lol: :lol:
Professional manchild